It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the most savings you can. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already offer a number of bonuses that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Olde Towne Heating & Air in Mount Pleasant has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 843-485-0967.