During the cooler Mount Pleasant months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Olde Towne Heating & Air will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Olde Towne Heating & Air right away if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Olde Towne Heating & Air can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Olde Towne Heating & Air at 843-485-0967 or arrange an appointment with us online.