Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Mount Pleasant summertime, have the professionals at Olde Towne Heating & Air perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We advise checking it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Olde Towne Heating & Air today at 843-485-0967.