Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Mount Pleasant are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of the filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your living space.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Olde Towne Heating & Air in Mount Pleasant will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 843-485-0967 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.