With warmer weather close by, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can save a big amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Olde Towne Heating & Air professional do air conditioning service
at least each year is critical to keeping your system running well for the long haul. He or she can be sure the unit is running correctly and can identify possible concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Olde Towne Heating & Air a call at 843-485-0967.