In Mount Pleasant you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfy throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit sooner rather than later. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause trouble with your furnace’s control switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a lot of other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some indicators for you to scan for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Olde Towne Heating & Air, if you note any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could signify a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a difficulty with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working at top volume or generating noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a clogged condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of complications. Your HVAC technician will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Olde Towne Heating & Air at 843-485-0967 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.