There’s no getting around the changing weather in Mount Pleasant, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Olde Towne Heating & Air pro comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Mount Pleasant. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the experts at Olde Towne Heating & Air a call at 843-485-0967 to start saving a little more today.