As warmer weather starts, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mount Pleasant? Especially if your air conditioning system is recently installed or was running well last summer.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Olde Towne Heating & Air specialist can help spot minor issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your equipment can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little problems before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully examine parts and complete a set of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Total equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Tune-Up Right Away with Olde Towne Heating & Air
Now is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Olde Towne Heating & Air pros a shout at 843-485-0967 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your next service.