As warmer weather starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mount Pleasant? Especially if your air conditioning equipment is recently installed or was running good last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your unit checked seasonally by a Olde Towne Heating & Air specialist can help spot small issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your system can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these troubles can create higher energy needs—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little troubles before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine pieces and complete a cycle of cooling performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into big problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this work, your unit is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Lube moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Olde Towne Heating & Air
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Olde Towne Heating & Air pros a ring at 843-485-0967 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming service.