As warmer weather starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Mount Pleasant? Even if your air conditioning unit is newer or was cooling well last year.
Here’s one way to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never have to book any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your equipment inspected seasonally by a Olde Towne Heating & Air technician can help spot little problems before they become huge breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your unit can make it work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause increased energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it work longer. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy expenses and in the long-term, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine little problems before they become large, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at parts and perform a cycle of cooling performance verifications. These in-depth measures often allow us to identify problems before they lead to major troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is well-prepared to give worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this service, your system is open to advanced failure and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the ensuing spots and pieces:
- Complete unit condition
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Olde Towne Heating & Air
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Olde Towne Heating & Air pros a ring at 843-485-0967 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your house, make sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming maintenance.